Strathmore 400 Natural White Printmaking Paper
The Strathmore 400 Series features natural white printmaking paper. This choice of color provides a neutral, clean background, ideal for bringing out the true colours and contrasts of prints. The natural white hue is favoured in professional settings for its ability to enhance the vibrancy of inks.
Heavyweight and Versatile for Printmaking
This paper pad is uniquely suited for various printmaking processes due to its heavyweight nature:
- Paper Weight: At 280 GSM, it’s significantly thicker than standard paper.
- Printmaking Techniques: Excellently supports relief printing, lithography, intaglio, and screen printing.
- Ink Absorption: Its ability to absorb large amounts of ink makes it ideal for intense and detailed printmaking work.
Texture and Durability
The medium-textured surface of the paper strikes a perfect balance between smoothness and a tactile feel, making it suitable for a wide range of artistic expressions. This texture, combined with the paper’s softness and durability, ensures that it can withstand the rigours of various printmaking techniques without losing its integrity.
Specifications and Dimensions
The paper pad comes with specific details tailored to meet the needs of artists:
- Country of Manufacture: United States, ensuring high-quality standards.
- Sizes Available:
- Imperial: 8 x 10 inches
- Metric: 20 x 25 cm
- Surface Type: Smooth, categorised as a Paper Pad.
- Color: White, enhancing the clarity and depth of prints.
Design and Format
- Binding: The pad format with binding on the short side facilitates easy handling and storage.
- Surface Aspect: Rectangular shape, fitting standard framing and display sizes.
- Paper Format: Gummed Pad, allowing for easy removal of individual sheets.
- Quantity: Each pad contains 20 sheets, sufficient for multiple projects.
Usage and Quality
- Intended Use: Specifically designed for printmaking, compatible with a wide range of printmaking inks and techniques.
- Quality: Classified as the highest quality, meeting professional standards and expectations in the art world.
- Animal Derived Ingredient: None, making it suitable for those preferring products without animal-derived components.
- Shipping Weight: The paper pad weighs approximately 0.3740 kg, making it lightweight and easy to transport.
Weight and Surface
- Weight: The paper has a weight of 280 g/m2, placing it in the heavyweight category. This thickness is particularly beneficial for printmaking, as it provides a substantial base for the ink without being overly cumbersome.
- Surface Characteristics: The surface is medium-textured and soft, making it pleasant to touch and work with. This texture plays a crucial role in how the ink adheres and appears on the paper.
Media Applications and Suitability
- Ideal for Printmaking: Specifically engineered for printmaking processes, this paper is highly suitable for techniques that demand a heavier paper, like lithography, intaglio, and screen printing.
- Relief Printing Compatibility: In addition to the mentioned techniques, the paper is also appropriate for relief printing, demonstrating its versatility.
- Ink Absorption: The soft and medium-textured surface is not only durable but also capable of absorbing large amounts of ink, which is vital for high-quality printmaking.
Composition and Quality
- Material Composition: Made from high alpha cellulose wood fibre, the paper maintains a balance between durability and workability.
- Acid-Free Nature: Being acid-free, it ensures longevity of the artwork, as it minimises the risk of deterioration or yellowing over time.
- Sheet Quantity: This pad comes with 20 sheets, providing ample quantity for extensive printmaking projects or practice sessions.
- Overall Design: The thoughtful design, which includes the natural white color, medium texture, and acid-free composition, underscores the paper’s suitability for a wide range of printmaking applications.
This comprehensive breakdown highlights the key features of the Strathmore 400 Series Heavyweight Printmaking Paper Pad, illustrating its suitability for a wide range of printmaking applications.